Friday, October 26, 2007

Day Four: Move-My-Body Challenge

Another day down. Today was a 30 minute walk pushing Lindsay in the stroller: 15 minutes up to Starbuck's to meet a friend and her son and 15 minutes back. Who says you can't incorporate some coffee and socialization into your daily exercise?!

How did I feel beforehand: Well, at first I felt like I was cheating a bit because it wasn't going to be a "real workout". However, then it occurred to me that my goal isn't to work-out each day or even to loose weight. My goal is to simply move my body each day for at least 30 minutes. That is such a shift in my thinking; it's less about the outcome and more about enjoying the journey on a daily basis (isn't that the secret of life?).

How I felt during: Since I had gone with the comfy sweats and running shoes, it made it easy to pick up the pace (that and the fact that I was running late meeting my friend). I loved the feeling of walking briskly down the street with the sun shining and the leaves crunching under my feet. I also loved sharing the experience with Lindsay.

How I felt afterwards: Happy that I walked instead of drove. Happy that I had incorporated moving my body into social and mommy time. I've also felt motivated all day to do a bit more. I plan to do the Abs Diet weight routine while watching "The Office" tonight.

No comments: