Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day Five: Move-My-Body Challenge

Saturday morning was such a perfect family morning. After a yummy breakfast out, we headed over to the Berkeley Marina. I am a bit embarrassed to admit that this was our first experience there in our four and a half years of living in the Bay Area. We didn't really know what to expect, but my instinct told me that it was the place for us to go for a stroll by the water.

I am not sure how long we walked, skipped, ran, danced and laughed because I was too caught up in the magic of the experience with Bill and the girls. But I do know that I am counting this as my "move-my-body" experience for the day. If you haven't been to the pier at the Berkeley Marina yet, I definitely recommend it. I am guessing that it's about a mile long; jetting straight out into the bay. It feels as if you've walked half-way to San Francisco. We played our way down the pier and back, stopping every-so-often to look at the birds, count the boats and cheer the fishermen on (we even saw a boy catch a sting ray!).

How did I feel during: In the moment; happy; connected to my family; in awe by the length of the pier and beauty of the still bay.

How did I feel afterwards: Thrilled that I had followed my instinct to try the marina on that particular morning and achieved moving my body in such a fun and enjoyable way with Bill and the girls.

No comments: