However, I am warning you that my mission for the weeknights is 'Easy Does It'. In fact, after last week I have a new menu rule: No new recipes during the week. Trying new recipes is for the weekends only!
- Sunday: Moroccan Chicken Stew (A new recipe Bill and I made together--it's a keeper!)
- Monday: Leftover Moroccan Chicken Stew
- Tuesday: Broiled Salmon Steaks with Tarragon Cheese Sauce and Asparagus (See Easy Recipe of the Week below.)
- Wednesday: Macaroni and Cheese with Tuna and Peas (A recipe handed down from my dad.)
- Thursday: Cranberry Chicken with Rice Pilaf and Green Beans
- Friday: Leftover Cranberry Chicken
- Saturday: Pizza with Peas and Corn
Recipe: Broiled Salmon Steaks with Tarragon Cheese Sauce
1 1/4 pounds fresh or frozen salmon steaks (about 3/4 inch think)
1/2 cup plain yogurt or light sour cream (I usually use sour cream)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed (or 2 teaspoons snipped fresh)
ground black pepper
Hot cooked pasta
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry. Cut fish steaks into 4 equal portions, if necessary.
- Stir together the yogurt or sour cream, cheese and tarragon. Set aside.
- Place fish on unheated rack of broiler pan. Sprinkle fish with sal dna ground black pepper. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 6 to 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Spoon yogurt/sour cream mixture over fish steaks. Broil 30 to 60 seconds more or until heated through and cheese starts to melt.
- If desired, serve over hot pasta and add a favorite green vegetable as a side.