Wednesday, September 5, 2007

How Time Flies

I was just looking over some photos from the past three years. Nothing like seeing a photo of your child when she was only days old to remind you how far you've come in just a matter of years.

Lindsay is now 2.5 years old and we just moved her into a new "big girl" bed this weekend. I can remember the first time I put her to bed in her crib. She was so tiny--wrapped like a burrito--laying in the middle of what seemed to be a HUGE crib. And now that same kid is sleeping through the night in a bed that not only she fits in, but that her mom and dad can squeeze into as well--all together!

As we contemplate trying for one more, we often get caught up in the practicalities and logistics of what another child in our lives would mean. Space, time, money, careers and sanity all come up as possible reasons why we shouldn't have another one.

But when we set all of that aside and look inward at what are hearts are saying...it's (nearly) a resounding, "Go for it!" What that means for our future and where we go from here are still yet to be seen, but as a woman who is enjoying having the Best of Both Worlds, that leads to a bit (Okay, sometimes a lot) of anxiety about how this will all play out.

I do stand firm in my belief that I can have a successful and rewarding career, as well as have the time and energy to enjoy my personal life. As I learn more and more about who I am, what I want and how to manage it all in a way that feels good to me (regardless of what others are doing or may think), I feel more confident that I can continue on this path regardless of whether another child comes into the picture or not.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: